Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Happy shakedown day

Happy Memorial Day!

Also happy shakedown day!
Came in to the garage early morning, turned on the bike, did a bit of engine tuning and played with the carb a bit. and the ironhead is finally road ready. Did a quick once over, then did it again. Then I noticed a gas leak, the petcock plug wasnt sealing properly for some reason. luckily I had a second one laying around. A quick tank drain, and swap, and I did a third once over. Looks good. and I was off!



After the first run, the gas cap rattled off. rode back to the garage, and walked the route looking for it. Found it right as i was about to give up looking, only run over a few times. hell yeah i mounted it back up.

After a few more runs, I decide a ride with a friend was in order, plus I needed some shit from pepboys. So Phil(late 60s cb160) and I rode off.

By the end of the day I think I found everything that was going to rattle off. 
Blew 3 fuses. Had to do a bit of re-wiring. Almost lost my oil tank, and oil filter. Lost the gas cap, amber running glass, and some nuts. Lock tight and I became good friend today.

























It was a good day. Its good to finally have this on the road, but the project is never over, its just hibernating now.

No comments:

Post a Comment