Friday, January 18, 2013

Color thought.

So I got to sketching and just went with it. Here is where I landed. For now. I'm not sold.

















I still have no idea what color I should paint this machine. I do need to at least repaint some of the frame, I could go all the way and paint the fucking thing. More color explorations to come.


I think I would like to include a few solid waves as a gentile nod AMF, but again, I'm not sold. I could always go all black everything, that always looks good, but if I'm going to go though the trouble of pulling the whole thing apart, why play it safe and go black? Hot pink and highlighter yellow have also crossed my mind, because why the fuck not? I doubt I could rock a bike those colors though. Lime green is pretty high on my list as well. Now I'm just listing colors, so I'll stop.

One might notice the carb situation I have sketched up in here. Its a dual Amal  system, I got the idea from the Panhead Tyler of Lowbrow recently did. Though his system looks like the intake manifold he uses doesn't keep the carbs and cylinders separate, which is how I would want to do it. My thought is, if you're going to go though the trouble of running a dual carb system, they both better control their own cylinder. So I might still run dual Amals, but it will take a bit more research, plus the Zenith carb on the bike currently is fine. Though I am fond of Amals, super simple, and minimal parts. Less is more (I realize the irony in this when talking about bring a single carb bike to two).

There are a few things I do know about what this bike will need. A badass sissy bar, and the ability to ride two up.  Everything else is wide open, which in all honesty, those two things don't really narrow much down.

No comments:

Post a Comment