Sunday, January 27, 2013

Mach 2

I have been thinking oil tank and battery box for a few days now, and the previous thought has evolved to a 'floating' oil bag. Which will hold the battery, and all other electrics in a pocket in the center of the tank. Here was my sketch of this tank.
















Time to mock this bad boy up, I hit up the garage and made some semi accurate measurements, and started cutting paper.



















This is how it came out. I made a little battery, to pop in the center so i could design around it and some space for the electrics.






















Its even better looking on the bike. It is currently being held by some spare wires I pulled from the bike earlier. When the time comes, I'll have to find a better way to mount this.













And just had to pop on the old seat to see how it looked together. I'll have to think about how the fender will align with the tank, I should probably decided on a fender first.



No comments:

Post a Comment