Friday, January 25, 2013

Mach 1

I was hoping to remove the engine last night, but it wasn't in the cards. However it worked out. I was able to to make a few plans for the bike. Mainly, placement of all the electrics, ignition, oil bag, and wiring. I don't plan on running turn signals so that will cut down half of the wires switches and relays I'll need. which is fine by me.

My first thought, was to keep the ignition between the cylinders in its current placement, and mount the coils beneath them. And figure out the rest of the electrics later.

I then mocked up a box that would be welded, or bolted to the frame just behind the neck.






















I went this this approach for a bit, and decided I would be able to mount the rest of the electrics just below the generator in front of the engine, between the front engine mounts. Which might be okay, but I'm not sure how hot it will get, and would rather not rise all me electrics burning up. So I took a step back, and moved back. To the oil bag. I started thinking about this guy, Should I mount a round Moon oil tank? and then make a battery box? where to mount all that?

So it looks like no matter what I plan on doing, I'll have to weld something. So lets just make something awesome that can do it all. And I came up with oil box.*not a finished product. It will mount in the rear triangle above the wheel. And its going to be a split oil tank, and in the split, I will mount everything. Well everything except the ignition switch and hi/low switch.
























My thought with this oil tank is that it should look like part of the bike, not in a stock way. I had mounted up a round oil tank, and it looked so stupid, and out of place. which, it was. This, isn't some elongated chopper build, that will never see actual pavement. I looked at the lines of the bike, and decided the rear rocked box, was a good line to base the oil tank off of. So i took it from there. Now, I just have to do it.


And on the way home, I got this sight. sorry for the poor photo, I was as obvious as I could be, short of getting up. One of the worst out fits I have seen. But this is ny that shit happens all day everyday, she topped it off with having her fly down. 

No comments:

Post a Comment